Harrys.com, a men’s grooming site and shave club released a new ad over Facebook to celebrate International Men’s Day. At least you’d think that a company that sells men’s razors would celebrate the day. But the marketing department at Harry’s did the exact opposite and have many, including this guy right here, calling for men to boycott Harry’s shave club.
What Does It Mean to Be a Man?
Today is International Men’s Day. Believe it or not, that’s a thing. If 2017 has taught us anything, it’s that we need to rethink what it means to be a man. Now more than ever, being a man demands introspection, humility, and, we believe, optimism.
To get to a better tomorrow, we need to take a look at today, and at the misguided stereotypes that got us here in the first place.
Today is International Men’s Day. Believe it or not, that’s a thing. Really Harry’s? Are you shitting me??? International Men’s day honors the section of the population that purchases 99% of your products… MEN! And boy do we deserve a day, because we have to suffer through an endless parade of bullshit women’s days.
Don’t believe me? October and November the following days were designated to celebrate females:
- National Plus Size Appreciation Day (A day for fat chicks!)
- National Inner Beauty Day (Another day for fat chicks! Back-to-back, much less! Yikes, I’ll bet the fat rolls just slap against each other.)
- National No Bra Day (Hopefully fat chicks don’t see this one)
- BRA Day (Apparently this signifies Breast Reconstruction Awareness. Since this is day is only a week after No-Bra Day, I thought this signified that women have no clue what they want.)
- National Mother-In-Law Day
- National Housewives Day
- National Chicken Lady Day
- National Bison Day (Yer another day for the #BodyPositive ladies, Rosie O’Donnell and Racist Jemele Hill)
- National Princess Day (National Princess Day recognizes every girl deserves some pageantry in their lives no matter their age. After all, each one is a princess in someone’s eyes.) I disagree. There are too many bitter hags to count in Hillary’s Nasty Women brigade who will disprove that theory.
So, after females have been more than sufficiently fluffed by whoever decides this National Day shit, men get one day. And even the companies that market products specifically for men are too dumb-assed to simply let men enjoy that day without some ridiculous social justice sermon.
“To get to a better tomorrow, we need to take a look at today, and at the misguided stereotypes that got us here in the first place.”
And what would those “misguided stereotypes” be according to Harry’s?
- Be A Man
- Be The Man
- Be Tough
- Be A Rock
- Be The Breadwinner
- Grow A Pair
- Boys Will Be Boys
Hey guys, Harry’s wants you to ignore those dated stereotypes. THIS is the new and improved ideal that Harry’s thinks you should become:
Forgive me, readers, I’m about to use one of those dated stereotypes… It’s time for us to man the fuck up and boycott Harry’s shave club.
Guys, boycotts work! ESPN is falling apart in sections, taking down parent company Disney in its wake. Mostly White male have abandoned the NFL and left stadiums bereft, giant tombs of a once infallible brand. Yet some companies, to their financial detriment, have not fully grasped the following concept; when you disrespect the men who comprise the vast majority of your market share, they will leave and take their money with them. And no amount of virtue-signalling or social justice lecturing will bring them back.